Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Fresh Air Fund: Great opportunity for those who love to help others!

I don't normally post anything that is not directly related to my blog, but I thought this was pretty cool. I wanted to make sure to post it to give people the opportunity to take a look, and see if it is something that they would want to do. I grew up in the country, and was lucky enough to go on vacations camping with my family yearly. I couldn't imagine growing up without fresh air and lots of yard to play in! Anyways, if you're interested or you know someone who might be, visit the website and check it out!


http://freshairfundhost.org/


THE FRESH AIR FUND, an independent, not-for-profit agency, has provided free summer vacations to more than 1.7 million New York City children from low-income communities since 1877. Nearly 10,000 New York City children enjoy free Fresh Air Fund programs annually. In 2010, close to 5,000 children visited volunteer host families in suburbs and small town communities across 13 states from Virginia to Maine and Canada. 3,000 children also attended five Fresh Air camps on a 2,300-acre site in Fishkill, New York. The Fund’s year-round camping program serves an additional 2,000 young people each year.







       

No comments:

Post a Comment